The Atharvaveda and the Ayurveda is a research work on the most ancient document of the Indo Aryans-the Atharva-veda. It gives for the first time:
* History of Hindu Medicine of the Vedic Age;
* A Comprehensive survey of the Vedic Ayurveda;
* Vedic treatment of ten diseases;
* Exhaustive discussions of anatomy & other matters and materia medica of the Vedic times; and
* Exegetical discussions wherein the medical charms of the Atharvaveda are explained in the light of the relevant passages from the Samhitas of Caraka, Susruta and Kasyapa.